Monday, November 14, 2016

The Importance of Gratitude


Being thankful for the people, places, and things that enrich your life can yield some pretty amazing results. Here’s how I practice gratitude every day.

Click Here for Business Coaching or Career Information

With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I thought it would be appropriate to talk a little bit about gratitude.

I think that the poet Maya Angelou said it best when she said, “When you have an attitude of gratitude, you wake up saying, ‘thank you!’”

Successful entrepreneur, life coach, and business coach, Tony Robbins, has stressed the importance of seeking gratitude in everyday life, too. He makes a point every morning to meditate and to express gratitude to the people and things that he’s grateful for.

Think about how fortunate we are to live in Wasatch Back; we have much to be grateful for. Some days, this business can beat you down, but think about how much we have to celebrate. Whether it’s a successful closing, a great client meeting, or the Cubs winning the world series, think about how these kinds of causes for celebration can lift your spirits. Better days are ahead.


Gratitude breeds positivity.


Try this exercise: every day, to yourself, silently express your gratitude for the three things you’re most grateful for. I bet you’ll be very surprised by the results.

With it being so close to Thanksgiving, I’m going to challenge you. Try to not only express your gratitude for three people, places, or things each morning, but to reach out to the top 20 people in your sphere of influence as well. Simply give them a call, let them know that you’re thinking about them, and thank them for being in your life. I think you’ll be very surprised with what happens next.

Remember: gratitude breeds positivity. I’d love to hear your results! If you have any other questions about this topic or anything else, give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you!